Auchterarder Parish Church

This project involved an extension to the existing 1900’s church, where Charles Rennie Mackintosh is understood to have had a hand in the original design. The new extension includes a central hall, meeting rooms and new kitchen.

The main hall roof is a dramatic timber engineered structure comprising diagonal timber trusses made up of large Douglas fir timber members connected by steel plates and nodes. The rest of the superstructure is in timber, a combination of exposed posts and beams and hidden timber kit panels supporting proprietary timber roof trusses.