Built in the early 1870's, Dunoon Burgh Hall fell into disuse in the 1960's and was saved from demolition in 2008 by the John McAslan Family Trust. The primary aims of the project were to repair and conserve the historic fabric, improve visitor access and equip the building with appropriate facilities as a community hub and arts centre. Major structural strengthening of the existing roof was undertaken and internal alterations included wall removals, strengthening the stage and providing lift access throughout. A timber frame extension was built to the rear to accommodate a new café. The land was excavated back to provide sufficient footprint for the café with reinforced concrete retaining walls providing the structural support to the external ground at the higher level.